The following structure makes this an exciting, must-read:
- SQ Mag is a free ezine. It costs the reader nothing to read everything published on the site.
- What's more, subscribers to the eZine (costing nothing), have the option of the new edition stories being emailed to them in HTML, PRC or EPUB formats (also for free).
- SQ Mag releases anywhere between 3 and 9 short stories and/or novelettes each edition (usually around 6), where each of the main genres of speculative fiction are represented (scifi, horror/dark fantasy, fantasy). SQ Mag is also committed to publishing a fair share of new writers' work.
- Every year, a 'Best Of' anthology will be published, of the best short stories published the previous year.
- SQ Mag will always be publishing serial fiction piece in each edition.
- SQ Mag is an international ezine: they will publish in the English idiom of the submitted work. That is, if a writer submits a story in UK English, it will be edited and published in UK English. We have a little flag next to the author to indicate this.
- SQ Mag also publishes reviews in each edition.
- SQ Mag periodically publishes interviews and articles.
IFWG Publishing is the publisher of SQ Mag but has decided that the eZine be independently managed and financed. This means that while IFWG Publishing will be a major sponsor, all income generated by sponsorship, donations and merchandise, including profits from he yearly anthology, will be retained for the running of the eZine.
Visit SQ Mag at their in-construction site - www.sqmag.com, where you will see how it is looking, and how it is organized. Better yet, if you subscribe before 1st March 2012, you will get the first stories emailed to you if you have chosen such an option.
Sophie Yorkston, Editor-In-Chief
Gerry Huntman, Contributing Editor and Publisher